This is a big deal! The very first Youth Food Conference in the CRD!!! The official launch of the Youth Food Network, this event will be a celebration of connection making for all youth ages 14-24 in the Capital Region district. The focus is food; good food, local food, Indigenous food systems, diversity in cultural food systems, how to grow food, how we think about food, how to get involved in local food initiatives, where your food comes from, and so much more...
This event is 100% FREE! What do you get with your free ticket?
- 4-5 Local Based Meals (a welcome dinner, a packed lunch from Whole Foods, a breakfast with Tree Island Yogurt and Singing Bowl Granola with fresh fruit, and a house cooked lunch and maybe a bonus).
- Access to all 3 event days (Friday 4pm-8pm, Saturday 9am-4pm, Sunday 10am-3pm)
- Friday activities (Inspirational speakers, meal time and mingle with youth musician, youth panel, project panel, film screening)
- Saturday activities (morning 3 hour workshop, lunch, afternoon 3 hour workshop)
- Sunday activities (breaky, workshops debrief, break out room 1, breakout room 2, lunch, send offs)